This Blog Is Moving

*PLEASE NOTE: All posts are moving to www.disneydonnakay.blogspot.com I will continue to post in both places until the end of June. Begining July 1, 2011 I will post solely on the other site. I hope you will follow me there. Thanks!!















Thursday, March 24, 2011

Reasons I Love Disney A-Z..."U"

"U"
Ub Iwerks - A true revolutionary in the world of animation, he worked closely with Walt and Walt was very impressed. Ub actually sketched Mickey Mouse for the first time while Walt gave him his personality. Ub animated Plane Crazy all by himself in just three weeks, that is amazing. He won 2 Academy Awards for his work in Animation, he is truly a Disney Legend and was honored as such in 1989.
Ursula (The Little Mermaid) - She's an octopus, she's a witch, she's pure evil and she is unapologetic about it.  Ursula will do whatever it takes to get what she wants, but she really underestimates Ariel doesn't she?
Up - This is one of the few Disney Pixar collaborations I haven't seen. I am sure it lives up to the reputation of the other films. As I understand it the storyline goes that a retired balloon salesman, Carl, ties thousands of balloons to his house in an attempt to fly to South America-a lifelong dream. Little did he know, he had a stow away-Russell, a Wilderness Explorer trying to get a badge for helping the elderly. The two set out on an adventure from there...
United Kingdom Pavilion - British architecture and cobblestone streets with improv comedy troupe and a tribute band to the Fab Four, Dakota is going to think he has died and gone to heaven.

1 comment:

  1. I'm here from the blog hop and added your site to my RSS reader.

    ReplyDelete