This Blog Is Moving

*PLEASE NOTE: All posts are moving to www.disneydonnakay.blogspot.com I will continue to post in both places until the end of June. Begining July 1, 2011 I will post solely on the other site. I hope you will follow me there. Thanks!!















Friday, February 4, 2011

A Note To All Of You Disney Upgrade Whiners

Disclaimer: Our vacation is during peak season, we are paying rack rate for our room which is at the Yacht Club Resort, Ragatta Club Level, Lagoon View. We are staying on the Magic Your Way Premium Plan. That being said...
I check out a lot of forums and blogs, pretty much on a daily basis. I see a lot of people saying "I'm going to book a cheap room and hope for an upgrade."  Here is my question to you:  Why not book the type of room you want to stay in, with the view you want, in the type of resort you want to begin with???  Aren't you just setting yourself up for disappointment? I'm not talking about getting upgraded from a standard parking lot view to a garden view, some people actually expect to get upgraded from POP or an All Star Resort to a Deluxe Resort!  I would never dream of expecting such a thing, it's crazy!!  Next, it's the people who think they should get bumped up to conceirge level.  I paid good money for for a club level room. I'm not crazy about Disney upgrading someone who isn't willing to pay for it. On the boards you read about people coming to the lounge and taking large amounts of food to their room and not leaving any for other guests.  I would never allow my son to do this, my husband and I would never do this. I am just wondering if the people taking advantage of the offerings at the lounge are people who didn't have to pay for them in the first place.
Another group of people who really gripe me are the ones who have one night on the Premium or Platimum Plan during their stay. The first thing they would tell me is that Disney doesn't stop them. While this is true, I don't think this was Disney's intention when creating the package either. This is evident in the fact the if you use the Platinum or Premium Plan for one night only you have to check out and check back in and get new Key To The World cards.  Then they use the benefits of this over the course of two days. There are actually threads out there telling people how to do this and take advantage of Disney for as much as they can. Again, I am staying for 5 days and 4 nights.  All of my stay is on the Premium Plan.
My last gripe for today is Disney offering FREE DINING!!!!  The best way to get people to complain about something is to give it to them for free. There are people who complain that they don't get an appetizer just dessert, really poor thing!  Pay for the dang appetizer out of your pocket. Then there are the ones who upgrade to the Deluxe Dining Plan and complain "It's too much food!"  And the ones who say they can't find anywhere to eat, there are 139 restaurants to choose from and you can't find somewhere to eat at Disney World??? In my opinion Disney has totally devalued their restaurants at this point. All over the boards it's "Does anyone know when Free Dining is going to be?" No one expects to have to pay to eat at the Disney restaurants anymore. Disney, wake up and realize people are coming to visit and they are are going to eat while they are there. NO MORE FREE DINING!!! Then we paying customers will be able to get a table at a restaurant again without having to get up at 12:01 on the morning of the 180th day before we arrive at our resort. Nice thing is the very people who can't afford to pay for dining are staying at Disney for 10 days to 2 weeks. Makes my 4 night stay seem like nothing. And they go back at least once a year sometimes 2 & 3 times a year. Honey, cut back on the number of trips and you can afford dining. Just sayin...

No comments:

Post a Comment