This Blog Is Moving

*PLEASE NOTE: All posts are moving to www.disneydonnakay.blogspot.com I will continue to post in both places until the end of June. Begining July 1, 2011 I will post solely on the other site. I hope you will follow me there. Thanks!!















Monday, February 7, 2011

A Lot Has Changed Since 2003...

Our one and only trip to Disney World was in January 2003. This past weekend as we were looking through the guide books and talking about our trip I got to thinking about all of the new movies Disney and Pixar have produced since then. There should really be a lot of new characters and things for us to see at Disney. First, you have to look at the Pixar movies, the best I can remember Toy Story was the only one that had come out at the time of our visit. We did get to see Buzz Lightyear, Dakota was a huge fan at the time, he was thrilled - but you never saw Woody.  I believe we get to see him around Magic Kingdom now with Jessie. I remember riding the Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin where you get to shoot the lazer gun at the targets and save the world from Zurg. This time we get to check out Toy Story Mania at Hollywood Studios!  I understand it's really popular and a FastPass is a must!! Then there's Cars and Finding Nemo. We will have to go see "Finding Nemo-The Musical", and The Seas with Nemo and Friends, then Turtle Talk with Crush. Who doesn't love Crush?  Monster's Inc. is another family favorite, we will have to visit the Laugh Floor. Then there are the new Princesses, Tiana and Rapunzel. And my favorite of all Captain Jack Sparrow-Pirates of the Carribean. Too bad it's not really Johnny Depp!  We didn't ride the attraction in 2003. We just ran out of time, and now I'm kind of glad. We love the movies and Captain Jack. It's definitely on our "Must Do" list for this time around. I hear he may be making an appearance at the park again with the new movie coming out, maybe he will be there while we are there. It is rumored that he will be at the parks with Black Beard's Daughter from the new movie. Then you have the attractions not associated with a move like Soarin', Expedition Everest, American Idol Experience. Something tells me we aren't going to have enough time to do it all again this time. Looks like I will just have to start planning another Disney Vacation, but there won't be 8 years in between visits again.   

No comments:

Post a Comment