This Blog Is Moving

*PLEASE NOTE: All posts are moving to www.disneydonnakay.blogspot.com I will continue to post in both places until the end of June. Begining July 1, 2011 I will post solely on the other site. I hope you will follow me there. Thanks!!















Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What Mentoring Mondays Has Taught Me.

Aside from the obvious information we are all getting from the interviews from the fabulous mentors featured on Mentoring Mondays, it has been a huge learning experience for me. I wanted to take a moment to share with you some of the things I have learned since the idea of Mentoring Mondays first entered my mind.

First, the worst thing that can happen is to never ask. The best thing that can happen is someone can say yes. Imagine sending JL Knopp a message asking for a favor when your blog has had less hits in it's existence than hers gets on a bad day. Yep, been there-done that. The most amazing thing, she said YES!! But, she couldn't have if I had never asked.

Second, if you don't believe in what you are doing why should anyone else. When I first thought of Mentoring Mondays I sat on it for a few weeks wondering is this a good idea? Will any bloggers be willing to do it? Once I believed in the project then things started to happen, and they happened fast. I am not afraid to send anyone an email anymore, if they say no I will pick myself up, dust myself off and go to the next potential Mentor.

Third, I've got to be me!! I am a nurturer by nature, I think that is part of the reason that Mentoring Mondays works for me. I love taking care of people, I love helping others be the best they can be. This is my goal with Mentoring Mondays to make all of us a better community of bloggers. I really care that readers get something out of reading Mentoring Mondays, I look at it as an opportunity for all bloggers to learn and improve.

Fourth, we are a community. I think this is the most wonderful thing I have learned, the community of Disney people (fans, bloggers, writers, podcasters, ect.) are a caring, giving, understanding group of people who really want each other to be successful. I've had other bloggers who have messaged me, as well as Mentors who send emails to say "It looks like things are going good. Please let me know if I can do anything to help." I just LOVE Disney people!! I truly feel honored to be part of this community!

Fifth, getting all this together takes a lot of organization!! Keeping who is mentor for which week, who have I sent interviews to, who is a potential Mentor for the future all straight is work (fun work though)! My hat is off to all of you who organize this kind of thing on a regular basis (Magic Bogorail, Disney Driven Life, WDW Fan Zone, ect.).

Lastly, I truly appreciate every person who comments, follows and reads this blog. I hope you are enjoying Mentoring Mondays as much as I am. Please let me know if there is someone you would like to see featured or if there is a particular question you would like answered. You can comment here, email disneydonnakay@yahoo.com, twitter @disneydonnakay, or facebook DonnaKay Disney(they wouldn't let me put Disney as my first name!) I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment