This Blog Is Moving

*PLEASE NOTE: All posts are moving to www.disneydonnakay.blogspot.com I will continue to post in both places until the end of June. Begining July 1, 2011 I will post solely on the other site. I hope you will follow me there. Thanks!!















Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Reasons I Love Disney A-Z..."Y"

"Y"
Yacht Club Resort - "Designed by a architect Robert A.M. Stern—known for his East Coast beach houses—this splendid 5-story Resort transports Guests to the summertime Shingle Style hotels of Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. " This is how Disney describes the resort on the official Walt Disney World website. It looks realaxing, upscale and feels like the beach. I will post pictures of my own from the resort in July while we are there.
Yeti (Monsters Inc.) - He was banned from Monstropolis, but I don't remember them saying why.  I just remember him making the yellow snow cones and being really happy to have company.
Yzma (The Emperor's New Groove) - When my husband's out of town, Dakota and I will watch a Disney movie. We watched this one a couple of weekends ago while Mike was in Texas.  I had forgotten what a good movie it was. Yzma was a mean old thing wasn't she, and boy was she old but she really wasn't the smartest thing. I love that she was voiced by Earth Kitt, see I loved the old Batman TV series as a kid and Earth Kitt played Catwoman on the series (random I know). She also originally sang "Santa Baby" way before Madonna.
Yachtsman Steakhouse - Is there any meal better than a good steak? And what luck-one of the best to be found at Disney is in the restaurant at our resort. If you're not in the mood for a steak how about seafood or chicken?  The Yachtsman has it covered from appetizer to dessert!!
Yak & Yeti - This Animal Kindom area restaurant specializes in Pan Asian food. It does get really good reviews. I am going to be really honest, I am not an "ese" food person. I did want to include it because I know I am the exception and not the rule, my poor husband doesn't get to eat Asian food nearly as much as he would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment